Sculpting Since: 2000
Agnese loves to sculpt! The material is almost immaterial. She works in permanent media like metal, fiberglass, wood, bronze and stone. She works in temporary media like ice and snow … and of course, sand. Then there’s Styrofoam and mixed media. You name it.
She has worked throughout Europe (Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Lithuania, Russia, Sweden and Switzerland) and way away from home in places like Kuwait and the U.S. She loves the huge scale that can be achieved in group exhibitions, but enjoys solo and doubles competition as well. She loves to travel around the world and introduce people to her art.
While welded metal is perhaps her favorite medium (it allows her to “turn the hardness of big objects to lightness and transparency”), Agnese has, incredibly, won numerous awards for her work in 6 different media. She just could be one of the most versatile and talented artists on the planet! We welcome her to San Diego and the U.S. Sand Sculpting Challenge.
- 2015 — 1st place International Sand Sculpture Festival, Jelgava, Latvia
- 2014 — 1st place, International Sand Sculpture Festival, Petrozavodsk, Russia Peoples’ Choice, International Sand Sculpture Festival, Kalmar, Sweden
- 2013 — 1st place, Women’s Masters ‘QuickSand’ Competition, Ft. Myers, FL
- 2011 — 1st place, 13th International Sand Sculpture Festival, Rorschach, Switzerland 1st prize, 10th International Sand Sculpture Festival, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Many other honors dating back to her first year sculpting