Sculpting Since: 2000
2014 is the debut for JOOheng Tan at the U.S. Sand Sculpting Challenge and we are immensely proud to have him here.
Hailed as Vincent Sand Gogh by the London Daily Mail, JOOheng Tan fell in love with the art of sand sculpting in the late ‘90s. His debut in 2000 saw him attain first prize in the International Sand Sculpting Competition in the Netherlands. As a result of his fueling passion for sand sculpting, JOOheng’s works have been showcased in over 50 cities across more than 20 countries.
There are no signs of stopping for this sand sculptor extraordinaire as in front of him lie plenty of prizes in sand sculpting championships around the world.
- First prize 2013 Neptune Festival, Virginia Beach
- First prize doubles with Brian Turnbough, 2013 World Championship of Sand Sculpting, Atlantic City
- First prize solo, 2012 Fulong Int’l. Sand Sculpting Championship, Taipei, Taiwan
- First prize, 2011 World Championship of Sand Sculpting, Federal Way, WA
- First prize, 2011 World Sand Sculpting Championship, Minamisatsuma, Japan
- First prize, 2008 World Sand Sculpting Championship, Leipzig, Germany
- Many more