Looking for a fun event over Labor Day weekend in San Diego?
Well, look no more! It’s a 4-day extravaganza for the whole family!
We’re changing the name of America’s 8th largest city between Aug. 31st and Sept. 3rd, 2018. We’re calling it SAND iegoTM. Not only that, we’re building a beach high above the water, bringing 300 tons of sand to the Broadway Pier, with our Big Bay on the West and downtown’s castles in the sky on the East. It’s been called the most creative atmosphere in the world. There’s nothing else like it anywhere.
World Master Sand Sculptors come from the Netherlands, Italy and Canada, from exotic places like Latvia, Russia and Tasmania (!) to challenge the best in the U.S. Their dimensional art is astounding. You’ll fall in love with it. But you can’t take it with you. The sculptures weigh over 10 tons each and they’d ruin your lawn. So we have over 1,000 works of art that you can fall in love with, buy and take home.
Oh, and there’s live entertainment (tribute bands, singers and more), a sand box and rides for kids, a dozen gourmet food trucks, a fantastic view of the bay and all the great stuff that you always find on the Embarcadero, like Seaport Village and the Headquarters, the Maritime Museum and more ….
What more can you ask for? What else is there?
Astonishing sand sculptures
- World Masters Class: 12 master sculptors carving solo for 4 days… the World against the U.S…. the finest sculptures ever seen in San Diego.
- Ye olde U.S. Open Sand Sculpting Competition class: the 3 championship teams that perennially won it all at the Imperial Beach event from 2000-2011 … now 4 professionals on each team carving for 2 days
Dimensional art for the home and garden and for you to wear
- Metal, stone and wood
- Hand-made clothing, accessories and jewelry
- Glass, acrylics, ceramics
- Wall art
- Much more
Entertainment all weekend long
Big bands paying tribute to the Beatles, Beach Boys, Dylan, Journey and other greats — even a special appearance by Elvis
Gourmet food trucks
A dozen trucks with more than 100 menu items from all over the country and the world
- Sandbox, sand sculpture classes, Bubble Fun, European Bungie and more
- Plus, a significant portion of the proceeds go toward arts education programs that help kids learn