Sculpting Since: 2005
Location: Moscow, Russia
After studying at the art college in Moscow, Ilya worked as a jeweler/goldsmith designing and making jewelry for 7 years. While working as a jeweler he started making ice sculptures and found the combination of traveling and sculpting enjoyable. He quit the jewelry job and continued to study sculpture for 6 more years at the Moscow State Academic Art Institute of Surikov.
Now one of the world’s top sand artists, he is in demand all over the globe.
- 2017 — Grand Prize Doubles, Sand City Spectacular, Pittsburgh, PA
- 2016 — Grand Prize, U.S. Sand Sculpting Challenge, San Diego, CA
- Grand Prize Doubles, Canadian Open Sandcastle Competition, Parksville, B.C.
- 2014 — 3 Grand Prizes (Taiwan, Finland, Toronto) plus one 2nd (Neptune Festival, Virginia Beach)
- 2013 — Grand Prize (Toronto), 2nd (Italy, 3rd (Holland)
- Many, many other honors dating back to his first year sculpting