Sculpting Since: 1996
Location: Melbourne, FL
“The sand here on this pier in San Diego is incredible. It holds together so well, and it is so strong; you can do anything with it. Right here is where I make the most daring designs and push the sand to incredible shapes that would be impossible anywhere else. On top of that we have some of the world’s best sculptors making their best works. Every year I look forward to seeing the amazing sculptures of this competition.”
A fierce competitor, Thomas has been sculpting sand for 21 years. In the past 3 years alone here in San Diego Thomas won first, second and third place medals as well as the Sculptor’s Choice award. See below for many many more accolades.
Large events give Thomas the opportunity to make his art on an impressive scale. Thomas has a master’s degree in industrial design engineering and has been a designer and sculptor for some of Europe’s and North America’s largest sand sculpting events. His ability and talent have taken him all over Europe and the U.S. as well as to China, Korea, Japan, Indonesia, Qatar and Canada. Thomas is a partner in Sandsational Sand Sculpting.
- 2014 – 2nd place, solo, Tournament of Champions, Toronto
- 2012 – 3rd place and Sculptor’s Choice, USA Team, Neptune Festival, Virginia Beach, VA
- 2011 – 2nd place, solo, Tournament of Champions, Toronto
- 2010 – 1st place, solo, World Championship of Sand Sculpting, Federal Way, WA, 1st place and People’s Choice, Tournament of Champions, Toronto, 1st place, USA solo, Art of Sand, Cape Canaveral, FL
- 2009 – 1st place, People’s Choice, Sculptors’ Choice, USA Team, Port Aransas, TX, 2nd place and Sculptors’ Choice, Canada Team, Quebec
- 2008 – 3 1st place awards, 2 2nd place awards, 3 People’s Choice awards, 1 Sculptors’ Choice, events in U.S. and Germany
- 2001-2007 – 17 more
On the Web: www.Sandsational.com